SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 10 August 2015

EVERYDAY SKINCARE ROUTINE


It's a fairly long time since I've sat down and written a blog post and I find that the details of how exactly to form an introduction have dissipated into thin air. So, without further ado, here is my current everyday skincare routine...





Step 1 - Take Off That Face: As you can see, I have two options for this step; both are equally as effective, yet I decide which one based purely on how much effort I want to put in. The Garnier PureActive Micellar Cleansing Water is a good option when I don't have much time (or energy) as I simply pour a little bit onto a cotton pad (usually Muji's Dual Purpose Cotton Pads - if anyone is interested) and wipe. Or... if I want to add a whole extra minute or so (really not too bad... but I'm lazy, okay?) onto my routine, I'll use The Body Shop's Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. This is a great, effective product for use on any skin type- and it's bank account friendly, which is always a plus!



Step 2 - The Second Cleanse: Next, I like to use another cleansing product so that my face feels squeaky clean, as well as to ensure that any traces of make-up miraculously left behind are gone (you know how mischievous mascara can be...). I've tried many a cleanser over the years, but the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser is by far my favourite. It's unscented, soothing on the skin and just leaves your skin feeling unbelievably clean. I usually apply this to ever so slightly damp skin and then wipe it off using a damp muslin cloth, as splashing my face with water and potentially getting it in my eyes (me no likey) gets a big no from me.
                                          



Step 3 - Tone It Up: I steered clear of toners for a long time after using an alcohol based toner from Clinique when I was about 11- it just did nothing for my skin, apart from aggravate it. So, toner waters are my current compromise: still with the effects of a toner, but refreshing - not harsh - on the skin. At the moment, I'm using the Eau Roma Water Toner Water from LUSH and I really like it; it does exactly what it does on the bottle. I've used the tea tree version in the past, which I also loved. You can spritz it straight onto the face, which is what I usually do for the pure convenience of it, or apply using a cotton pad - whatever takes your fancy.



Step 4 - Treat Yo' Skin: And now, my favourite step of all. My beloved La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (+). Oh, if I could successfully profess my love for this product. I cannot speak highly enough of it! It's been there for me over the years, in good times and in bad times (skin wise obvs) and has always sorted me out whenever my skin started getting problematic. Also: I don't know why, but I adore the scent too. It's nothing special, but it brings me so much comfort... Ahhhh *raises glass*, to you, my old friend.



Step 5 - Hydration! Moisture!: Two very important things when it comes to my skin, which is actually very confusing since I consider my skin to be combination/oily. I actually get horribly dry patches (sorry if TMI) around my nose and eyebrows and if I don't sort them out then my foundation clings on to them for dear life. Now, think about the difficulty of explaining that skin type at a department store counter! Anyway, there's not much to say about this dynamic duo: the Origins GinZing Moisturiser and Eye Cream work well and smell good; basically, they tick all the boxes.

So, there we have it - I made my way through a whole blog post in one go! Here's to many more from now on.

No comments :

Post a Comment