SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 23 April 2017

MY WEEKLY 123 GOALS

On Thursday, the day finally came around to leave France after spending a lovely 3 weeks with my boyfriend. It was so difficult, especially considering that I won't be able to see him again until July.

As you can probably imagine, it's always a really emotional time for me, but I always try to put a positive spin on things by giving myself new goals to work towards in the time that we're apart. For me, having something to work towards is a massive motivator and I find that without this, I feel very lost and almost as if I have no purpose.

On my flight home I was thinking of simple goals that I could set myself each week that would improve both my physical and mental health. Enter 123 Goals: I have no idea if this is already an existing thing, but if it is I haven't ever heard of anything like it before. It basically means that I'm going to set myself three different activities that I will do once, twice or three times a week. I'm hoping that this will be a manageable way for me to try new things without getting too overwhelmed.

Here are the three goals that I've set myself for each week...






1) POST A BLOG POST ONCE A WEEK:

This is something that I probably shouldn't have to set as a 'goal' and that I should already be doing considering how much I love blogging. However, I often find it difficult to actually sit down and write an entire blog post; it's not that I don't enjoy it, but sometimes I simply don't feel very inspired, plus I find it very difficult to take photographs that I'm actually happy with. I want to change this though, starting off by making sure that I post at least one blog post a week - if I manage to post any more than that then it's a bonus, but I think a goal of one a week is enough for now!

2) COOK A MEAL TWICE A WEEK:

You could say that still living at home is both a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because it means that I usually just eat whatever my mum is cooking, which is a real time saver for me. However, it also means that I'm limited in what I eat, thanks to my fussy younger siblings! I've always enjoyed spending time in the kitchen and find great joy through whipping up a tasty salad or a delicious batch of brownies, but because I eat whatever my mum is cooking, I rarely actually cook myself. I'd love to start branching out and trying new things, which is why I've decided to try and cook a meal for myself or my family at least twice a week.

3) EXERCISE THREE TIMES A WEEK:

I have a love-hate relationship with exercise in that I love the idea of it but hate actually doing it. I danced up until I was about 16 and this was something that I adored, but since I stopped I've barely exercised at all. I'm lucky that I have a naturally high metabolism, but I know that this won't last forever. Also, it's no secret that exercise can not only have a positive impact on your physical health but also your mental health. I can definitely see why people use running as an outlet for their energy and although I'm as unfit as anything as I type this, I'm really determined to start going running regularly, particularly after watching the London Marathon this afternoon and being so inspired by all of the normal people taking on this seemingly impossible task - well, to me it is!

So, there we have it, my 123 Goals. Will it work out for me? Only time will tell, but I'll try to keep you updated. I don't think I'm going to be the next Nigella Lawson or that I'll be running a marathon by this time next week by any means, but it's the trying that counts, right?

I'd be really interested to know what you think of this concept - will you set yourself any similar goals?

No comments :

Post a Comment