SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 28 March 2017

9 BEAUTY PRODUCTS THAT I'LL ALWAYS REPURCHASE




 I have a rather large collection of make-up and other beauty items, but sadly a lot of it doesn't get used very often as I tend to stick to the same items on a day-to-day basis. Because of this, there's a lot of products that I have grown to love and that I feel I'm ever so slightly attached to - here are 9 beauty products that I'll always repurchase...






Homeoplasmine - various prices

   Considering how long this product has been raved about for, it's taken me a long time to jump on the bandwagon, but I'm so glad I finally did! Homeoplasmine is a simple, multi-purpose balm found in French pharmacies. Personally, I use it as a lip balm - I love how much it hydrates and moisturises my lips. Although I usually apply it before lipstick and pat it down to mattify it, I love the glossy look it has when I wear it on its own; whenever I have a no make-up day, I always put on a bit of Homeoplasmine just to make my face appear a bit less two-dimensional. I believe you can get it online in the UK, but if you find yourself over the other side of the channel anytime soon then I'd recommend you buy it there as it's cheap as chips.



La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (+) - on offer for £13.15 at time of posting

   I first started using this product as part of my everyday skincare routine around four years ago and I haven't looked back. I have never suffered with acne per se, but my skin has always been somewhat problematic and spot-prone. I use mine before moisturiser and it helps to keep pesky spots at bay. La Roche Posay as a brand is great - they have a lot of different ranges, so whatever yo
ur skin concern, you're bound to find a product that will work for you.








Garnier Micellar Water - on offer for £3.33 at time of posting

   Confession: I've always been embarrassingly lazy when it comes to removing my make-up. It's something I view as a chore when I really should look forward to letting my skin breathe after a day of being covered in make-up. This is why I love micellar waters; I can put some on a cotton pad, swipe it over my face and remove the bulk of my make-up before cleansing my face (goodbye mascara-induced panda eyes!). When I can afford it, I like to buy Bioderma, but to be honest the Garnier Micellar Waters are equally as effective. I use the original one, however I believe that there are now a few types available, each one aimed at a different skin type.

Benefit They're Real Tinted Mascara Primer  - £19.50

   Last but not least is this wonderful mascara primer from Benefit. I know what you're thinking - a mascara primer?! Where is the need? I thought the same, however after receiving a sample of it with a magazine I was converted completely. I always apply it before mascara to make my short, stubby lashes appear even longer, but my favourite way to wear it is simply on its own. The colour of it is very similar to my lashes, which means that my lashes are lengthened without it looking unnatural.

MAC Boldly Bare Lip Pencil - £13

   Although I am a huge fan of a classic blue-red lip, 95% of the time I gravitate towards a nude lip. Whatever nude I decide to wear, I usually apply my trusty Boldly Bare lipliner from MAC beforehand. It's a very close match for my natural lip colour, therefore it is good for overlining my lips and making them appear fuller.



Bobbi Brown Corrector (Light Bisque) - £19.50

   I'm on my third pot of the Bobbi Brown Corrector now and I couldn't imagine applying my make-up without it. Unfortunately, I have awful dark circles under my eyes (thanks Mum!), so applying a corrector to cancel out the darkness before I put on concealer is essential. Mine is in the shade 'Light Bisque'; since there are so many shades on offer, I would recommend going to your nearest counter to get a colour match suitable for your skin tone.


Kiehl's Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit Body Cleanser - £18

   I never thought I'd pay £18 for what is essentially a glorified shower gel, but here I am on my 3rd bottle! I do think the price is extortionate, but I justify it as it smells divine, leaves your skin velvety soft and lasts a long time. The smell is fresh and citrusy with a hint of sweetness and like nothing I've ever smelled before. Sadly, I have just visited the Kiehl's website and it seems that they aren't stocking it anymore (*cries*). It's still available at Debenhams, but low in stock... so maybe I won't be repurchasing this after all! If you can bring yourself to spend £18 on this, I would tell you to treat yo'self - before it's gone forever!


Soap & Glory Archery Brow Pencil - £8

   Out of all of the products I have written about in this post, the Soap & Glory Archery Brow Pencil is probably my favourite. I wouldn't be able to count on one hand the amount of times I've bought it and since I discovered it around 18 months ago, I haven't used anything else on my brows. The only reason it's not pictured is because I've used it so much that all of the writing has rubbed off and it does not look pretty. I've used the Anastasia Brow Wiz in the past and for me, the S&G pencil is an exact dupe, if not slightly better. What's more, it's only £8! If you buy anything recommended in this blog post, let it be this.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Creamy Beige  - £4.99

   I've been a fan of the Maybelline Colour Tattoos for a good few years now, but the shade 'Creamy Beige' is a more recent discovery of mine, and boy am I glad I found it! If you haven't tried these eyeshadows, they're a creamy, long-lasting formula and there is a wide range of shades available. This one is a pale pinky nude that I actually use as an eyeshadow primer; it provides a good base for eye make-up by cancelling out the veins on my eyelids.

   So, there we have it! If I were to think long and hard about it, there are probably plenty more products like the ones mentioned in this post, so let me know if you'd like to see another post containing more products that I always repurchase. Also, I'd love to know what products you personally repurchase all the time- tell me in the comments!


No comments :

Post a Comment